The Family Tree
Kinfolk Rooted in Discipleship in West Charlotte
– We believe God, revealed in Christ, transforms lives through loving relationship by the power of the Holy Spirit.
– We believe that following in the way of Jesus leads to wholeness and depth.
– The way we learn to nurture and nourish our relationship with God and neighbor is through the intentional practice of Christian spiritual disciplines.
– As we share life together, our hope is that we may embody the prayer, “On earth as it is in heaven.”
– We believe the people and places surrounding the Enderly Park neighborhood are the good soil in which we desire to be planted.
– Because the soil where we are planted bears the wounds of racial oppression, we will always be working against the legacy of racism.
– We look to our neighbors for wisdom, guidance, and mutual care.
– We invite others to come and seek the work of the Holy Spirit around us and encourage interested folks to join us in this way of life.
We take joy in God’s creation and find meaning, beauty, and inspiration when we engage with the Holy Spirit in acts of creativity.
We choose to order our lives around gatherings for prayer. The practice of prayer deepens our relationship with God and neighbor.
We open our doors to our neighbors – people of different backgrounds, races, theologies, and socio-economic status. When we welcome the stranger, we welcome God into our midst.