… a spirit safari that will capture glimpses of the divine in our midst:
Not too long ago, we wrote about how The Family Tree is taking the youth group on a “Spirit Safari” in New York City this summer. We’ll arrive on August 11th and return back to Charlotte on August 18th. We anticipate taking 12-15 youth on this trip. The trip will provide an opportunity for The Family Tree youth to see new sites, be inspired by diversity, engage in creativity, and witness the good news in the Big Apple. Throughout the time we are there, we will travel to places that inspire us to pray, compel us to serve, and offer to us radical hospitality and bold witness of faith.
We already know some of the places and people we want to visit. We’ll spend some time at the Harlem Bruderhof house, Dorothy Day’s Catholic worker home, and Metro Baptist Church’s Rauschenbusch ministries. We’ll walk the high line and stand in awe of the cathedrals too. Our itinerary is not quite complete. You can help to direct the course of our travels. Send us your answers to the following questions and we will make every attempt to include your suggestions in our trip itinerary. Remember, we’re not looking for tourism hot spots, we’re looking for the places where God is at work.
- What places inspire you to be creative in NYC?
- Where have you witnessed radical acts of hospitality and discipleship in NYC?
- Who inspires you to be faithful in NYC?
- What places draw you towards prayer and reflection in NYC?
- Where have you discovered unexpected beauty, prayer, or welcome in NYC?
- Our mission is to be “kinfolk rooted in discipleship”. Is there someone or some place in NYC that mirrors The Family Tree mission?
Please send your advise and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org If you are interested making a financial contribution to this trip, please click here. We are thankful for your interest and support of our young people as we seek to be kinfolk with them, rooted together in discipleship in West Charlotte.